LUV > SIGs > EduSIG > Goals >
Education SIG goals for 2007
The following goals will hopefully be completed as projects run by volunteers. If we have more volunteer support for projects this list will be updated.
- Continue creating CD with free software that can be distributed at presentations.
TheOpenCD could be used in the mean time.
- Continue preparing materials (e.g. bookmarks, leaflets, badges, magnets, etc.) to distributed at presentations.
- Visit two educational institutes presenting about free software.
- Visit one educational institute and discuss adoption of free software with school.
- With financial assistance from Linux Australia, members of LUV organised a stand at The Education Show and distributed 500 OpenCDs, 300 Ubuntu CDs and 200 Fedora DVDs to teachers, principals and student teachers and actively promoted the upcoming Software Freedom Day.
- Encouraged Open Source community members to submit talks to the Victorian Information Technology Teachers Association annual conference call for papers. Pia Waugh, Stewart Smith, Jonathan Coombs and Richard Jones all presented on Free and Open Source Software technologies.
- Software Freedom Day was widely promoted amongst Victoria's IT teachers and a couple of schools ran SFD activities.