Linux security resources
Books & periodicals
- Practical UNIX Security, Simson Garfinkel and
Gene Spafford, O'Reilly & Associates, 1996.
- Essential System Administration, 2nd Ed., Aeleen Frisch,
O'Reilly & Associates, 1995.
(In particular, chapter 6)
- The Linux Journal often
carries articles on Linux security
There are a number of very useful security-related mailing lists. The most
useful for Linux security-related alerts and discussions are:
- linux-alert - moderated announcements about Linux security
To subscribe: send mail to email@example.com
with the subject subscribe.
- linux-security - devoted to discussing Linux-specific security
To subscribe: send mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject
- Bugtraq - the principal Unix security mailing list
To subscribe: send mail to email@example.com with
the message subscribe bugtraq.
There are a number of security-related newsgroups. The more important
It is also worth watching comp.os.linux.announce for important
announcements, usually related to kernel security patches.
WWW & FTP sites
This is a selection of some useful web and FTP sites. For a very
comprehensive list of security sites, visit the
Prev | Home |