Next: 3. Why you should
Up: 2. Introduction
Previous: 2. What is Perl?
Perl is used in almost every industry, in the private and public
sectors, for all kinds of tasks.
Large and high profile websites using Perl include:
Tools and applications written in Perl include:
- Netscape wrote a content management and delivery system, with
logging, analysis, and feedback on use, in 3 months.
- Majordomo mailing list software
- MRTG traffic analysis tools
- Weblint, an HTML syntax checker
- swatch, a logfile watching tool
- SATAN, a network security analysis tool
- man2html, used to convert Unix manual pages to HTML